domingo, 14 de fevereiro de 2016

Psalm 4 - Evening Prayer for Help

1 Answer me when I pray,

    O God, my defender!
When I was in trouble, you helped me.
    Be kind to me now and hear my prayer.
2 
How long will you people insult me?

    How long will you love what is worthless
    and go after what is false?
3 
Remember that the Lord has chosen the righteous for his own,

    and he hears me when I call to him.
4 
Tremble with fear and stop sinning;

    think deeply about this,
    when you lie in silence on your beds.
5 
Offer the right sacrifices to the Lord,
    and put your trust in him.
6 
There are many who pray:

    “Give us more blessings, O Lord.
    Look on us with kindness!”
7 
But the joy that you have given me
    is more than they will ever have
    with all their grain and wine.
8 
When I lie down, I go to sleep in peace;

    you alone, O Lord, keep me perfectly safe.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário